STRATEGY & PLANNING, VENTURES & SERVICE DESIGN
Fundraising in Action – A forward looking strategy planning
For an organsiation’s annual fundraising plan, First Avocado developed a three day workshop strategy : –
Day 1 – Fundraising in Action (discussed in this case)
Day 2- Actual Fundraising Day (LIVE – not included in the case)
Day 3 – Reflection (not include in the case)
So the workshop was a consultative approach in which the actual implementation of the plan was rolled out to success. This case only explore Day 1 of the workshop. The entire workshop was exclusively designed by First Avocado for the said organisation including artefacts and inventories.
To motivate, ideate, achieve collective buy-in and plan fundraising activity and also support for action.
To model the workshop so that organsiation can conduct similar activities in future
The Workshop was broken into 6 segments as outlined in the picture below.
1.WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO – Participants were briefed on the need for fundraising workshop, its objective and agenda for the day. First Avocado used creative approaches to motivate and set the purpose for the day
2. LETs GO CREATIVE – Participants had to list one fundraising idea inspired by an inventory and pass it over to the next person. The next participant add their thoughts on the previous point. This exercise continues until 4 passes.
3. LETs GO RATIONALE – The ideas were now rationalized by evaluating on four parameters – Component, Characteristics, Challenge and Characters. Identification of donor / funder to bring about required matching making between prospect and funder was also done using First Avocado’s inventory.
4. FUNDRAISING 101 – Through video and presentation, key tenets of fundraising was discussed. The learnings were then used to identify right positioning of ideas to donors using Q&A sheet
5. MODELLING – Group representatives had to pitch the idea to rest of the participants and respond to critical questions. Finally one idea (from four) was selected through voting system.
6. PLANNING – The chosen idea was dealt for planning identifying resources, cost, milestones, risks and dates.